Maureen Coggins is an attorney with 20+ years of successful legal experience in federal and state criminal law including prosecution and defense cases. Attorney Coggins has represented clients at the trial and appellate court levels in criminal cases, family court and civil court.
- Represent clients charged in criminal cases in both state and federal court at both trial and appellate court levels.
- Represent clients in family dependency court, protection from abuse civil court and orphan’s court.
- Represented Montgomery County at hundreds of mental health hearings at Norristown State Hospital.
- Appointed by Chief County Solicitor Michael D. Marino as Montgomery County Deputy Solicitor (2007-2008).
- Experience with many aspects of civil and municipal law.
- Served as solicitor for Adult Probation, Mental Health/Mental Retardation, Health Department, Planning Commission, Parks Department, Aging and Adult Services and Human Resources.
- Appointed by Board of Commissioners to run Lehigh County Public Defender’s Office (2004-2006).
- Assigned by Board of Judges for Lehigh County to handle criminal defense cases including trial and appellate litigation (2003-2004).
- Assistant Public Defender (2002 – 2003); responsible for the representation of criminal defendants for all levels and types of crimes.
- Montgomery County Assistant District Attorney, Chief of Special Prosecutions Unit (1999-2001). Chosen by the District Attorney Bruce L. Castor and the Board of Commissioners to design and run the County Task Force responsible for the revitalization of Norristown including the writing, obtaining and budgeting of federal and state grants while supervising the day-to-day operation of police officers, deputy sheriffs and county detectives.
- Montgomery County Assistant District Attorney, Chief of Major Crimes Unit (1993-1999) Trial Assistant responsible for the managing and training of personnel as well as the prosecution and trial litigation of major crimes, including murder and other major felonies. Tried approximately 50 jury trials while handling a case-load of two hundred cases at any given time.
- Widener University School of Law – Wilmington, Delaware
- Juris Doctor – 1992
- Franklin & Marshall College – Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Pre-law – Bachelor of Science – 1989
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- United States District Court – Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court – Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association